Construction Ramping Up
Tweed Section: Successful Refurb Despite Slight Delay
Exciting Updates as follows:
Construction is ramping up thanks to Hazel Bros with 14km track salvaged (4-5km will remain in situ)
Design well-advanced with work on bridge by-passes continuing
Dunbible Bridge refurb almost complete
The second trial of gravel trail base was successful and will be adopted
Due to floods, a slight delay expected with completion expected January 2023
Richmond Valley: Progressing Well
Exciting Updates as Follows:
- Clearing is progressing really well
- Final Design details still under discussion, however construction will still continue.
- A pilot section is tentatively planned for the end of JulySalvage of rails almost complete
- Discussion of track for horse riding adjacent to this section for up to 80% of the trail.
Byron Shire: Let’s Show Our Support
- Bangalow community continues to lobby for trail section in town and support the Lismore legislation continuing through Bangalow
- We have not heard of any progress with the multi-modal corridor
- At the election Michael Lyon expressed he would support the Rail Trail if there was no progress after one year, and time is almost up!
- We would be so grateful if you email the Mayor at email@example.com to express your support of the Rail Trail to be complete
The Team at Casino Beef Week
We have been coming to Casino Beef week for many years and things have certainly changed.
Our very first market in Casino, no-one had heard of rail trails and took very little interest. This year, everyone knew about the Northern Rivers Rail Trail and 99% of people very excited for their town of Casino to be Start/End of the Trail!
This is such great feedback and it means that the Richmond Valley Council, the Northern River’s Rail Trail Supporters, the other Northern Rivers Councils, the Business Workshops, businesses who will benefit, positive word of mouth, and relentless pushing by all of our supporters, such as your wonderful selves, have put in over the years is paying off.
For that we thank you so much, and we’re just as excited to see all the benefits cycle through to Casino.
Cycling Without Age
Cycling Without Age is a not-for-profit charity that provides a community service that addresses social isolation and community engagement for the elderly or with limited mobility.
A global movement that build bridges between generations.
We would love to purchase our own trishaw for use on the Opening of the Tweed Section in January.