Construction of The Tweed section is underway and is due to open in early 2023.
The initial 24 km stage will connect Murwillumbah with the villages of Stokers Siding, Burringbar, Mooball and Crabbes Creek.
Here’s our latest construction update from rail trail HQ.
– Majority of gravel
– Murwillumbah bypass
– Asphalt at Murwillumbah, Burringbar, Stokers Siding and Mooball
– The bridge at South Burringbar
– The bridge at Mooball
– Tweed Regional Art Gallery pathway earthworks are complete, with work constructing the path ongoing.
– The heritage platforms at Burringbar, Upper Burringbar and Stokers Siding have had concrete poured and finishing works are underway.
– Stokers Siding Bypass finishing works (drains and final trim)
– Heritage platforms at Mooball and Crabbes Creek
– Signage preparation
– Columns, girders and decks at Dunbible Bridge have been installed and handrail installations commenced.
That’s a wrap for December, next time we update you it will likely be a lot shorter list!
Subscribe to the Tweed Newsletter for the latest updates: https://fal.cn/NRRT_Newsletter